Monday, December 19, 2011

How Would You Like Your Eggs?

Donated please.

True to form I've gone over all the outcomes of our follow-up appointment, ending in the conclusion that we will be using donor eggs. Today I'll be researching the shit out of this process and become an expert by 3:00 p.m. EST.
                                                                

We've been TTC for 3 years now. We've had 4 m/c's. All of our testing has come back normal, aside from J's low swimmers. Which, in IVF doesn’t mean a damn thing!

Some part of our genetics isn't fitting right. I see it as the puzzle is almost complete with one piece missing so someone shoves a piece from some old puzzle in there to try and hold it together. It stays in place for a little while but can't be *decoupage and kept for life. So it falls apart and there's the m/c.

                                                               

Perusal I've brought J in on my psychosis and prepared him for DE. He just looked at me and said "How do you feel about it?" Well there's the question isn't it. I'm the most anxious, neurotic, control freak I know. So I’m sure J was waiting for the flood gates to open and for me to toss myself from our car at any moment. But the crazy part is I couldn't care less. Our child will be half of J and carried in my womb for 9 months. As far as I can tell my requirements have been met.

From what I've seen so far, the donors are way better women than I am! My child will make out like a bandit in this deal. They must have at least a bachelor's degree, one healthy pregnancy (w/o C-section), and never smoked. I've given the Marlboro man a run for his money in my past so right there we have a perk.

Of course this is all in air quotations because we haven’t even had the appointment yet.

                                                    


*Please do not take this as an indication that I decoupage.

No comments:

Post a Comment