Saturday, February 18, 2012

Back To Me

As if a blog chronicling one's life isn't narcissistic enough I figured I would form an  "About Me" post in bullets. I know you're so excited that you cannot wait to scroll down. Here we go folks!

  • I'm an only child. People often tell me that they never would have guessed this. I'm not sure if this is something people say to only children to avoid the horrible only-child meltdowns they've heard about or if I’m truly a well-adjusted human being.
  • Both my Mom and Dad are homosexual. This is something they decided to come to terms with after having me although they did not clue me in until later in life. I'm close to my Mom but no longer speak to my Dad (for reasons having nothing to do with his sexual preferences, just to clarify).
  • I love crazy socks. Not so much the socks with toes but holiday socks and socks with cats and dogs on them etc. Friends will randomly pick them up for me and I rarely wear plain white ones. I can only imagine this makes whomever is performing my Mr. Wandy appointments think that I'm merely a donor trying to get money for college.
  • J and I love movies. But I have a very hard time sitting still. I make him pause it at least 4 times during a movie and I get up in between pauses to do quick things. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but if the shoe were on the other foot I know I would freak.
  • I used to be a veterinary nurse but left after losing our baby in '09. I worked in a shelter doing primarily surgery and was no longer comfortable with being exposed to anesthesia while TTC.
  • When I met J I had been in a relationship for 7 years, was about to get engaged, and buy a house. I knew the second I met J I would be with him for the rest of my life and ended my other relationship immediately.
  • We have 2 German Shepherds and a cat. I desperately want a three legged animal but have not yet been presented with an opportunity.
  • My dream in life (in terms of career) is to own and operate an elderly home for geriatric animals. That way pet owners whose animals become incontinent, need medications, or are unable to get around can allow them to live their lives with 24 hour care and can visit them whenever they'd like.
  • I hate talking on the phone. It doesn't bother me at work but I'm not a phone conversationalist with friends and family. Texting was invented purely to help me keep me from losing all my friends. I started texting in 2002. That's 10 years ago people. I think having a verbal conversation stops me from doing other things and therefore goes back to my inability to sit still.
  • I have serious issues with my weight or should I say my body image. I know how clichĂ©, but it’s plagued me since I was in the 5th grade. IF when I finally become pregnant I will probably start seeing someone to deal with the weight gain.
  • Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Jersey Shore, American Pickers, and Alaska State Trooper sums up my TV profile.
  • I've been told that people find me intimidating. No one has explained to me if they mean it in a good or a bad way. I assume that if it was a bad way they wouldn't tell me because me is intimidating. I think I just have a very matter of fact personality. Great, now you all think I'm a bitch on wheels!
  • Although I'm apparently intimidating I'm an incredibly anxious person. Worrying is something I do all day every day.
  • I love to sneak a cigarette when I drink and I don’t care what you think.
  • I will always love McDonald's and when people make pretentious comments on how nasty or bad for you it is I think they are lying and secretly drive two towns away to eat it.
  • I love Amy Winehouse, Lil'Wayne, and Adele.


Anything else you've been itching to know about me?

4 comments:

  1. haha, I love it! You are awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    I also do the same thing while watching movies! But it's my OCD, I think.
    I love love love your dream career. That is so awesome.
    <3

    It won't let me post with my wordpress acct! http://lisabttc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im having issues with your wordpress blog. I do everything it tells me then it send it was going to email you?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being so candid, well I mean we are all candid when it comes some aspects, but thanks for opening up about yourself cause it is nice to know that we do think about other things besides IF. I have tv guilty pleasures as well as some fast food ones, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I love following blogs written by "real" people...everyone can be honest and share feelings about IF and how it feels, blah blah- we all get it, but the real stuff sucks me in (and not in the creepy stalker way). I also have a unhealthy love for McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete